Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bills, bills and more bills..



I was able to practice my basic accounting concepts today as I browsed, balanced and checked my available cash against my payables.  My eyes popped out (just like in cartoons) when I saw my credit card bill.  I could not believe that I spent that much because I would like to believe that I am the most rational being when it comes to spending and/or shopping.


And then, fate is really testing my commitment not to overspend next month.  While waiting for my 4:00pm class today, my (new) renewed credit card arrived and this time, with higher credit limit.  Now, it takes twice the effort to resist temptations around.   For the meantime, I will just have to say NO to  books, sesame street shirts, cute post-it notes, colorful ballpens and some other things like this Canon camera.   L

2 comments:

  1. those are not only basic accounting concepts you've practiced mam, it included basic economics concepts.. rational decision making is one of the basic assumptions in the field.. but then of course, it was just an assumption..hahaha! mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. correct ate Juds!! It only validates why the lowest grades in my TOR are accounting and econ subjects.. My college professors must be right. hahaha.. miss you Ate (to the exponential degree)! mwah..

    ReplyDelete