Tuesday, June 28, 2011

06.28.11: MKTG 4


I sneaked into Dr. Maylem’s afternoon class to have a ten-minute moment with MKTG 4. 

It is the same old class that I used to handle during their junior year.  These students are still bursting with Marketista energy which can awaken people, both the living and the dead.

They were having their typical day when I entered the room.  Some students were arranging photocopied materials.  Others were joking around with their friends and maybe for some, they were just too busy with  something else other than their course requirements. 

When I was about to start my ten-minute talk with them, I heard the words:  We miss you, Ma’am.  At that point, I was lost for words and so touched that it took me few seconds to answer them back with my usual sarcastic quip.   I was so thankful that my phone rang twice so I would have something to distract them with while I was trying to recall the things that I should be telling them.   I even mispronounced words that sounded funny but I didn’t care because honestly, I was too busy pretending that “the class missing me” was not much of a deal. 

But, it was and is a BIG deal. 

After the most difficult exams, countless reprimands, never ending requirements and sleepless nights that I caused them, they still miss our class discussions.   For me, this is life.    

And, life is indeed beautiful.  J


17 comments:

  1. I miss being a student~ (*´ο`*)
    I miss being in your class too Ma'am! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to hear about our batch in your blog, too Ma'am~ :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what i am looking forward too, Raf. haha.. Ma'am Janice, we're missing "hell"! Haha.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pau.. :) i miss you all too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. weee.. dat's d same feeling we had during our first sem in senior year...

    ka-teary eye nman mam,.,, hihi

    -blenci

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks blenci.. ;) seselos na nga batch nila Pau at Raf eh.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish im also with them saying " MIS YOU MAM ANG!!"

    miss ko n gmawa ng mga papersworks under Mam Ang, miss ko na kasi ung mga comment nya na negative but u can appreciate and learn from it. :)HAPPY!!
    godbless Mam..
    -Mark Anthony Castillo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mark! :) I miss your batch too.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. >speechless po<
    thank u maam..
    nkakamiss po talaga kau.. :)

    --arlyn corpuz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!
    We miss you ma'am! hehehehe.
    Sayang naman wla po kami remembrance na ganyan. hehehehehe.
    But anyway, super thankful po kami dahil naging prof namin kayo.
    God bless po :)

    -rhema abaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) we miss you mam! thank you po! ..(sayang wala ako sa picture! nsa CR pa po ako nun.. hehe!)

    luv u mam ang :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Arlyn, Rhema and Anonymous (you forgot to include your name but i have an idea though, hehe) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wc maam.. :) damihan neu pa po mga post neu..
    nkakabilib po kc wisdom neu.. :D

    anonymous jaz..maglagay ka kc ng name bok..haha ;D

    --arlyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. makapamis ti college life maam ang lalu kayo na prof mi ti marketing ngay...agkabil ka met ti blog jay batch mi maam hehehe...salamat po maam ang...:)

    --michael julian

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehe.. sure sure.. take care! :)

    ReplyDelete