Friday, July 8, 2011

Chocolates, Balloons and Red Roses

Photo By Nico Salas


Chocolates, balloons and red roses on February 14…

I admit that at one point in my life, I have wished for these things.  During my college years, I envied the girls who have unexpectedly received red roses in class.  I even once wished for someone who would openly profess his love for me on the grounds of Sunken Garden.

For weeks, I have been wondering what my February 14 would be this year as I gladly watched one of my students gave his valentine gift to the girl of his dreams in my  lecture class.

As always, there are no red roses or chocolates for me this year.

I had more.

I had the opportunity to glimpse and see a person’s life in a different light which made me understand and value the person even more.  Finally, it hit me.  I just had my chocolates, balloons and red roses.  They, however, are wrapped differently but the impact is thousand times greater than what I have been yearning for.

NLEX, SCTEX, Hen Lin, Starbucks and a meaningful talk:  This is my version of chocolates, balloons and red roses on my 2009 Valentine’s Day.

** from my journal dated 02.18.2009


7 comments:

  1. JOLLIBEE..THE BEST FAST FOOD CHAIN HERE IN PHILIPPINES..PAGKAING PINOY,PANLSANG PINOY.MASARAP NA AFFORDABLE PA..SABI NGA NILA,"LANGHAP SARAP"KAYA SAN KA PA?EH DI SA JOLLIBEE NA.. :) (CARLOS AMIR EBDANI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi maam, it's me.. your secret admirer :))
    do you still want to have those things for feb14 (chocolates, balloons, red roses?

    by the way maam, im a girl po pala..
    baka po isipin nyo stalker hihihi :))


    happy <3 maam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.. i know na you're a girl.. otherwise, you are not as sweet as you are if you're a boy.. hahaha.. thanks for the chocolate panda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome po. :))
    natuwa po ako na dati kayong addict dun..
    pero ako po until now hahaha!

    another nice blog ma'am.
    lalo na po pag nakadress kayo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... two dozen roses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. livrare flori cluj

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... flower delivery plano

    ReplyDelete